2 28 oz cans whole tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
small piece of parmesan rind
sprig of fresh basil
1. Put one can of tomatoes through a coarse food mill.
2. Heat the oil and saute the garlic until it begins to color.
3. Add the milled tomatoes, oregano, basil, and cheese rind.
4. Simmer about 20 minutes until thickened.
5. Crush the rest of the tomatoes with your hands.
6. Add juice and crushed tomatoes to the sauce.
7. Add salt. The sauce should be a bit saltier than it
would be for pasta.